If you haven’t heard of TikTok, I’m afraid you may have been living under a rock. Since its global release back in 2017, it’s been a phenomenon ever since. According to this post, TikTok sees close to 100 million active users each month just from the United States. To put that into perspective, that’s almost a 1/3 of people that live in the country.
Knowing this indicates one thing to me, potential customers. Because it receives such masses amounts of attention, it’s evident that marketers worldwide have tried this new video sharing platform to gain more customers. But how do you use TikTok for business?
TikTok allows you to create videos on their platform, and although they don’t allow you to post links on them, you can post one link in the account’s bio. From this, to successfully enhance your business through TikTok means you need to push the users from your video to your accounts profile.
As you can see from the above, the whole concept of using TikTok for your business is pretty self-explanatory. The reason marketers are getting so excited about this opportunity, is because 66 percent of them have reported a positive ROI with TikTok.
If that figure hasn’t got you excited, I honestly don’t know what else will. However, for those who are, below we go into detail about how you can use TikTok to increase your YouTube views. There’s a lot to consider, so sit back and start taking some valuable notes.
How to use TikTok for Business
What makes TikTok so powerful for generating YouTube views is that 41% of its users are aged between 16 and 24. But why is this so great? Well, according to Statista, in the United States, around 77% of people aged between 15 and 25 watch YouTube. Due to them having a similar audience, it makes users much more inclined to switch over to YouTube and watch you. This is because they don’t have to set up new accounts or anything like that, as it’s a high probability that they already have one.
To help you start developing a TikTok plan to skyrocket your YouTube views, you need to consider the below:
Develop some competitive research
First things first, you’ll want to stick with your YouTube channels niche and develop some competitive research to see what’s currently working. To help you understand this better if your YouTube channel is about Fitness, this is the niche you’ll want to research on TikTok.
When conducting this, you’ll want to keep note of the below video features:
- Content – For each video that is doing well in your niche, you’ll want to write down what type of content they’re producing. Here you can see if it’s informational, entertaining, promotional, etc.
- Hook – With these popular views, they tend to use a hook at the beginning of the video. For research purposes, you should write down every hook you hear to reference back to it later.
- Views – Of course, when developing research, you want to look at viral videos as these are the ones doing well.
- Tone – Lastly, you may want to consider what tone the video is in. Are they joyful, conversational, causing alarm, or creating curiosity, etc.?
Make the video interesting
After conducting some thorough research, you’re now ready to start creating your video. For tips on how to make a viral TikTok, I suggest you consider the below:
Try to stick with trends
A good TikTok strategy is to stick with the current trends and to create something that personally fits your YouTube channel. For instance, while conducting some research, if you’ve discovered that people within the gym niche are showcasing a new sports brand, you may want to do the same. After all, you understand that these types of videos are working because you’ve researched your competitors.
You may also want to use trending sounds, music, effects, and popular hashtags to what your competitors are using.
Capture the user fast
With any video for entertainment purposes either on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, or TikTok, the first 5 seconds is essential. Within these first moments of your video, you’ll need to capture the user and build a reason to why they should stop scrolling and watch you.
The best way to achieve this is to create a captivating hook. For example, instead of diving straight into your video about weight loss, you might want to say something outrageous like, “Did you know chocolate helps you lose weight?”. This obviously isn’t true, and because you’ve said such a bold and untruthful sentence, they’ll continue to watch to find out more. Little do they know, you’re capturing them to become a viewer.
Create a call to action
A great hook is important, but an even better call to action is more crucial. Typically, this is at the end of the video, and this is the action you want the user to take. Here, you might want to say, “check out my bio for more information”, as this suggests the link in your profile will take them somewhere that’ll provide the viewer greater knowledge.
Make it unique
It goes without saying, you need to make content. Don’t get me wrong, you can still follow trends and be unique. While you’re developing research, consider writing down what your competitors are wearing, the way they’re acting, the locations they’re in, etc. This way, you can really start to nail down the psychological attraction these posts have with users on TikTok.
Apart from developing content with the above in mind, it would help if you also were consistent with your uploads. The TikTok algorithm is more likely to showcase your content to users if you post regularly.
Apart from the above tips, you also need to have fun with the process. Growing a YouTube channel can be a drag now and then, but the rewards are most definitely worth it if you’re able to hold in there.
Tips to consider when using TikTok for Business
While beginning your TikTok journey, you might not be great at making viral videos, but don’t worry, you’ll become better as the months go by. This is because it’s a new platform, and as videos start to gain popularity, you can replicate the process to create more trending videos. However, here are three tips I want you to think about while trying to gain traffic to your YouTube channel from TikTok.
- Come up with “rules” – To grow successfully with TikTok and generate more viewers to your YouTube, you’ll need a set of “rules” you must abide by when creating content. For example, you might say to yourself, every video I’ll make a 5-second hook, use red text and always wear a hat. Now you have these “rules”, you can optimize and test. After creating five videos with this format, you might decide to change the colour of the text you use on your videos and create five more. By doing this, you can start to understand what colour of text your audience is more appealed to, etc.
- Use Linktree – If you haven’t got Linktree, you need to consider it. TikTok only allows you to post one link in your profiles bio, but what if you have more than one? Well, Linktree is your solution. Here you’ll be given a Linktree URL, where you can post all of your links so people can visit your YouTube channel, a specific video, and your Facebook or Instagram page under just one URL.
- Try to be patient – Remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day, and it’ll take time to grow your account successfully. However, once you start generating some views, it’ll be like a snowball effect, and you’ll get more each day.
Video Marketing for business >>
One thought on “How to use TikTok for Business: Skyrocket Your YouTube Views”
Pingback: Instagram Reels Vs TikTok: Which Drives the Most Views? - Simple Way To Marketing
Comments are closed.